MrB2csap

Wednesday, January 18, 2006


Read this Blog first:

Your principal is considering banning junk food and soda from the cafeteria and the vending machines at school. The vending machines would only contain healthy snacks, like fruit and juices. About half of the sutdents in your class think this is a good idea. Which idea do you support? Write a paragraph to persuade, or convince the school board to support YOUR idea.
Give reasons that support your position.

Write a draft of your paragraph on paper first. Then post your final paragraph and sign it with your initials.

65 Comments:

  • I think that banning junk food from school is wrong.First is kids will stop buying from the lunch room and,vendindg machines.Another reason is kids would just bring there own food.Finily kids should make there own choices.That is how I feel about banning junk food in school. R.S.

    By Blogger jobe, at 9:23 AM  

  • These are three reasoningis on what i think about what should be in our vending machings.
    The vending machings should be junk food.
    Also fruit would go bad in a vending machien.
    Plus we have the right to eat what we want.
    These were three of my reasonings.

    By Blogger jobe, at 9:30 AM  

  • I Disagree with the banning against junk food.Idisagree beacause junk food has a better taste then most healthy foods. I also disagree because in

    By Blogger jobe, at 9:31 AM  

  • I think junkfood should stay. Junkfood calms hunger and calms hunger. Also if you dn't want to eat lunch you can go to the machine. Junkfood is cheap so you can eat for a low cost. Overall junkfood should stay.

    HQ

    By Blogger jobe, at 9:32 AM  

  • NO,i dont agree with the principil taking away our sweets because....
    I dont agree with what the principil because were kids and we need we need our sweets and we need 2 get hyper sometimes.Also because we have the right 2 eat what ever we want.Finally because the principil isnt our mom or dad he cant tell us what 2 eat thats wat i think. AC&NB

    By Blogger jobe, at 9:32 AM  

  • I dont agree with the principal taking off all the junk food from the cafeteria.I dont agree because alot of people buy the chetos and the oyher candies.with all the money they could buu stuff for the teachers

    By Blogger jobe, at 9:34 AM  

  • I don't think that they should get rid of the stuff in the vending machins. If we get rid of the junk food we may as well get rid of our school lunches too.b-sides its not the principal choice, it's ours. tootles,
    m.w.

    By Blogger jobe, at 9:56 AM  

  • I think it is wrong to take away junk food from kids. First of all most kids extra foodwhich is not healthy but junky thats is most of the schools lunch money. Secondly if kids want to be healthy then there should be some heallthy food in the vending machines and junky. It should be the kids choice. Finally kids would be mad because they cant have what they want. Kids are really depending on you to keep our schoos healthy with junk food.

    Your dear friend,
    Charles

    P.S what up josh and ashley

    By Blogger jobe, at 9:59 AM  

  • I do not want snacks to be banned from our cafeteria. Healthy foods don't taste as good. Healthy foods don't make as much money either. The students will be more downcast. With these truths it is clear that snacks must STAY.


    J.C.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:00 AM  

  • The school shouldn't ban Junk food for proper reasons.You will lose kids in that case you will lose money.Kids really don't like haelthy snacks or food. Kids should be able to vote on this topic. that is why thy shoudn't ban junk food from school.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:00 AM  

  • i think this is a poor idea.school should have some fun in it,other wise kids wouldnt do as good.the kids that are agenst this idea wont do as good.it is nice not to drink milk everyday.all in all thats what i think about this poor idea.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:01 AM  

  • I think this is a bad idea. First at lunch some kids like having soda and some kids like having juice. So there should be a machine where there juice in it and a machine where there sodas in it. Then there should be a place where theres fruits and a place where theres snacks. Finaly I think theres should have all 4 things so people have a choice of what they want to eat or drink.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:02 AM  

  • Keep the junk food for our sake. If we keep the junk food then we will get to have a chose to eat what we whant.if there is no more junk food we would have to eat helthy and would you choose saalid over pezza. that is why we should kwwp junk food.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:03 AM  

  • My opinion is that the principal should keep the frut and juice vendin machine. One reason is because fruts and juices are way more health than junk food.Another reason is because junk food gives you lots of energy and you don't pay attention to your work. One last reason is because frut and juies tast much better than junk food.Well this is my opinion about which vending machine to put.E.V.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:03 AM  

  • They should let the junk food stay. They should iet it stay for more money. the distric can buy more money for books. The students will be happier. Ithink that are principal is wrong. F.U

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:04 AM  

  • I don't support the principal's decision.One, reason is because no one is going to buy fruits and juices.Another, reason is because sometimes we are sleepy and we need sugar to keep us awake.Also, because our school's students should be able to have junk food if we want it because it should be up to us if we want to eat healthy.That is why I don't support his decision.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:04 AM  

  • I think that banning junk food from the school is not good. I think this because alot of people like junk food and if they bann it from school kids will stop buying things. This is what I think about banning junk food.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:04 AM  

  • I think that banning junk food is a bad idea.I think it's abad idea because if you get the fruit people won't get it,and it will be a wast of money. Also because people will bring it from their homes.The other reason is because some kids might not eat lunch. This is why bnning food is a bad idea.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:05 AM  

  • My idea it's that they should put juices, healty snacks etc. so we could be healty. Can you imagine drinking all kinds of different drinks. we could be healty and also the snacks also are good and we like them. Well anyways, I think it's a good idea to change the junk food for healty snacks

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:05 AM  

  • I think this is a bad idea Because the schol would't get money from the vendig machichines. the vendig machines should have juce too the vendig machunes help get money for field trips.I don't think they should bann the junk food. N.P.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:06 AM  

  • I don't sopport my class. It will be bad because people like junk food.The kids will be mad.All kids like hot chetos and sodas.All in all i'm agints my class.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:08 AM  

  • My idea it's ok to have juice because it's healty for us. Also because we can drink in class and we don't have to go out in the hall and drink water. Also because the teacher will get mad and because will miss part of learning. I think that's a good idea.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:08 AM  

  • my idea is that juices and healthy snacks are perfect. we can be healthy and be fit instead of being fat. we can drink different drinks. helthy snacks and drinks are good for kids.In conclusion I think its good to eat and drink healthy.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:09 AM  

  • Keep the junk food. I whant it other people whatnt it so why take it away. The school would not be a good place to take junk food away because then kids would not at and it would be bad.parints will get mad that they put mouny in accounts and it is not used. so keep the junk food.
    B.G

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:10 AM  

  • I dont think its a good idea because not very much people like healthy food.I taste not so good. People wouldnt like to eat that as much. It wouldnt sale as much much as the junk food would sale and we would make more money. over all i dont think this is a good idea.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:10 AM  

  • Hi my name is Ruth Berenice Nuno Garia I am writting this so you could change the food.I want you to change the food because fruit and juice will keep me healthy.Othere thing is because i wont get sick and i will get smart my last thing of why i want you to change the food is because I will be avail to do sports.I hope you change the food.R.N

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:10 AM  

  • Banning junk food from the cafeteria and vending machines would be, a good idea. Junk food is one of the reasons students are so out of shape. Students spend to much money on vending machines and not enough on heathy snacks. Vending machines contain lots of food that can be a problem to our heath. Finally, I think banning junk food would be a good idea. B.C

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:13 AM  

  • My opinion is to have both junk food and heathy food.My first reason is because people who want to lose weight can lose weight.Also people might live longer if they eat healthier.My last reason is because some people might be vegeterians and might not be able to eat and junk food so the people who eat junk food can eat it.To conclude thats why I picked both choices.BY Luis Nunez

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:15 AM  

  • I think that having junk food is better because it gets people hyper and also gets them crazy during class. I think having fruits and juices would be boring
    and people like junk food better.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:15 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:17 AM  

  • I dont support the principles idea for the following reasons.I think that it is a dumb idea becouse if they do this their just sucking the only thing worth of school. Also if he does this we wood bring our own junk food from outside and make a mess in the classrooms. My final reasonis that the principle should look at what could happen if he took our food away.That is why i believe that junk food or soda should not be taken away from us.
    M.A.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:46 AM  

  • To be fair both sides should have their certain snack machines.If we pick just junk food the people who want to be healthy will just boycott them.But if we choose the healthy side then it would just create another boycott.The best and fair way is to replace the vending machines that dont even work properly with ones that do healthy and junk.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:50 AM  

  • I think this was the worst idea the principal could ever have.First all of the students love junk food and sodas they would all hate him if he did that.Second no one would buy the fruits and juices so the school wouln't have enough money.Third and final people would start moving from school so it aint worth it.D.O.R

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:51 AM  

  • I think this was the worst idea the principal could ever have.First all of the students love junk food and sodas they would all hate him if he did that.Second no one would buy the fruits and juices so the school wouln't have enough money.Third and final people would start moving from school so it aint worth it.D.O.R

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:51 AM  

  • I don't like this idea at all for these reasons.First, I think if the principal does this a lot of students won't buy from the vending machines.Next, a lot of students would start to bring their own lunch and I think that would be a disaster.Last, the school is not going to get money because is taking away what kids like to buy.This why I don't support this idea. L.T.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:52 AM  

  • I don`t support you bamming junk food and soda ,in the cafeteria and vending machines for a couple of reasons.For one there are healthy snacks in the cafeteria and vending machines.For another reason more people will buy what is already in the cafeteria and vending machines which then cause the school more money.Then inturn you could buy more school supplies for all classrooms.For these reasons I disagree with your decision on banning junk food and soda. K.B.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:52 AM  

  • I do not think this is a good idea because, Kids wont be kids if they dont have candy thats how some kids get hiper and crazy, Teachers and parents always tell us not to grow up so fast so if we dont have candy then we wont act like kids anymore. Also because the school wont profit much money if they take the candy out of the school and we need that money to get new things like for gym and the other sports and computers that we have. This is why I dont think talking the candy out of the school is such a good idea. M.D.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:52 AM  

  • In the school I really don't agree with the principal because of all the heath foods and in the vending.
    The reason why I disagree is because some heath food and drinks are good but junk food andb sodas are a lot better.So that was my support on heath foods I just don't agree with the principal.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:54 AM  

  • I think that's a good idea. First, because we can be healthy. Next, fruits and juices taste so good. Last, we can eliminate junk food. That is why I like that idea.
    V. J.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:55 AM  

  • I think this idea of having healthy food is a good idea. First of all is because because alot of people play sports and can drink red bull.Another is thing because you don`t want to get out of shape. The last Reason is because the company is making all the profit not the school. This is why I think banning the junk food from School is good.
    S.G

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:55 AM  

  • I like the principal's idea, I have three reasons. First, students will be healthy. Also, they will pay more attention to their classes. Last, they won't be lazy. This are my three reasons and I think every school should do this, but I also think that it would be ok if we could buy junk food once at a week.

    I.J.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:56 AM  

  • I'm not agreing w/ this. When we started school we haed a choes to eat healthy or not.That dos1n't mean it's bad. But it tack away 1 of are riths.So we have a say in this to. So in cunnclushun don't band junk food.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:56 AM  

  • i do not agree with the princables idea because kids like pop and junk food at lunch time and if the princable thkes that away the school will not make any money because alot of kids buy junk food at lunch and the school is makeing alot of money with the vending mushens.KCR

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:57 AM  

  • I do not support the princeple on this event. Here are 3 sopporting details of why or why not. My first detail is because the school would loose more $money. My second is kids wouldn't buy any snaks or beverages from the school. My final is because the kids wouldn't be as motavated. My conclusion is if theyget rid of the vending machines some kids wouldn't buy from them.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:58 AM  

  • I dont think taking our candy out of the school is a good idea because,kids buy lots of candy at lunch and if there is no candy the school wont make much money for after school activites.Also people like to buy candy and pop at games and they wont be happy if it just fruit and juices.Kids wont be kids without candy in their body. This is my opnion of why it is a bad idea to take candy out of schools. M.M.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:58 AM  

  • I think yow cant take of bending machines because evrione likes them exept some people. All though i think thies is sort of cool i steel soport my idea because people like bending machines. second of all still yow can put some helthy bending machines but not thet mutch. But in all i think teachers use bending machines two. so in conclutiondont take the bending machins but yow still can put helthy bending machins for other people.

    By Blogger jobe, at 10:58 AM  

  • In the school I really don't agree the principal becauseof all heath foods and drinks in the vending machine.The reason why I disagree because some heath foods are good but junk foods alot better.

    by:cc

    By Blogger jobe, at 11:00 AM  

  • I disagree with the principal banning junk food,soda,and vending machins

    By Blogger jobe, at 11:00 AM  

  • I Think this is a bad idea.This is a bad idea because not everyone in the school just likes juices and fruit. I think they shuld just put more vending machines in the school and put healthy stuff in them. They shuld not do anything to the vending machines. Dm

    By Blogger jobe, at 11:03 AM  

  • I think we should have it because it is so good.I think we sould keep it couse it is good.Then if you take it it will cost you moremore for healthy food.I think if you take it it wont sell cause no one would buy it.All in all these are the reasons to keep junkfood.D.F.

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:12 PM  

  • I sapport nether of these ideas. I think half of the vending machines sould be healthy. This would be good becausepeople could eat healthy. Also every one gets what they want. Those are my idea.

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:12 PM  

  • I think that banning junk food from this school is wrong because few people would eat lunch. Also we should ba able to choose what we want to eat. I think that healthy food is fine but sometimes I like to eat junk food. That is how I feel about junk food.

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:15 PM  

  • In my opinoin I think that the vending machines should contain fruits and juices. One reason why the junk food should go is, that fruit is a healthy source of protein and vitamins that junk food doesn't contain. Second fruits and juices are a way to give our brains energy and oxygen that our brains need. Finaly, if kids get the right idea that fruits and vegitables are good they will eat better later on in their lives.

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:16 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:18 PM  

  • I dont think they shouldn't take the junk food from the vending machine for these 3 reasons.kids will get mad.Also kids wont want to eat& kids will stop buying lunch & junk food.

    A.M.D

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:24 PM  

  • in my opinoin, i agree to have healthy food, but i disagree with the fact of banning junk food completely. kids love junk food and so do some adults. not every teacher can leave the building. kids are supposed to eat junk food. its bad enough kids get lectured by their parents about eating healthy at home.

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:24 PM  

  • I think that banning the junk food
    is wrong.I think that its wrong because the kids will not buy any fruit.Another reason is that kids will not buy from the vending machine any more or from the cougar shop. They will only want to buy junk food like soda and cheetos. That is why I disagree to take away the junk food and vending machines.R.E

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:25 PM  

  • I think that they should take away junk foods.onreasonthey should take it away is because that alot of people get fat from eating alot of junk food. Another reason is that kids pay alot of money buying junk food. My last reason is that junk food is not healthy.In conclusion they should take away junk food because it's unhealthy and it's real expensive.

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:27 PM  

  • I think that you soid not band junk food for this 2 resonds. Fist of all vending maching are good for you. Second I stael soport my idea because i think that teachers go to the vendig machig and if you blink you will lose the snak that you wanted.Then the ganitor will have to fillback the vendig maching. Fanlly you hav herd the 2 rison abaute the junk food. By O.E.J.M































    I

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:28 PM  

  • The reason I think that banding junk food from the school a bad idea is becase with lunch kids do need a little sugar because some times.Also kids like a little dessert after lunch and dinner. Besides it`s ok too have a little junk food once in a while.Also
    some familys that can`t aford extra stuff like snacks.School is the only place they can get snacks from. From the mind of Krystina Krogsgaard

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:30 PM  

  • I think we should have both helthy and junk foods at school.We can use helthy food during class and use junk food after class. ag

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:30 PM  

  • I DO NOT AGREE THAT WE SHOULD GET RID OF JUNK FOOD, BECAUSE CHANGING PEOPLES EATING HABITS COULD MAKE THEM SICK. IT'S BEEN PROVEN THAT CHANGING A PERSONS EATING HABITS MAY HURT THEM. SOME KIDS EAT NOTHING BUT JUNK FOOD, AND IF THERE IS NO JUNK FOOD KIDS WILL STOP BUYING FOOD FROM THE CAFETERIA. IF THE CAFETERIA MAKES NO MONEY THE SCHOOL WILL MAKE NO MONEY EITHER. THATS WHY I THINK JUNK FOOD SHOULD NOT BE BANNED. A.V

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:31 PM  

  • I believe that we should get rid of junk food. Junk food is not healthy and kids have enough junk food at home. The junk food has been distracting the students from their work. With heaithy food, students would be....DA

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:31 PM  

  • YES I AGRE WITH THE QUESTON TO TAKE AWAY VENDING MACHINES AND SODA FROM SCHOOL,AND THAT THEY SHOULD GIVE US HEALTHIER SNACKS.ONE DEATAIL IS THAT IF WE HAVE HEALTHIER SNACKS SO WE CAN BE HEALTHIER.ANOTHER DEATAIL IS THAT IT'S A GREAT IDEA FOR KIDS OVER WEIGHT AND WORK THEIR.....
    J.R.

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:32 PM  

  • I disagree with getting ride of vending machines for three reasons.
    I think one reasons of not getting
    ride of vending machines is because is at lunch or any time students will be board Students would prabley not buy food from the school because they would not have a drink to go with it.
    T.C

    By Blogger jobe, at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home